Built in 1875, this dwelling has the heritage significance of being the oldest building in Newport and illustrates the early development of the area. The bluestone construction illustrates the early quarrying industry in the Newport and Spotswood area. To add to the local history, we are only 3km from Williamstown which can claim to be the old port in Victoria whilst also containing its own beautiful beaches.